The Saker Tab-Tension DarkStar® UST is a Ceiling Light Rejecting (CLR®) projector screen that is made specifically for UST (ultra-short-throw) projectors. It is designed for small spaces where a standard long throw projector cannot be accommodated. In addition to this, the ambient light rejecting technology allows for bright room installations such as boardrooms, conference rooms or training facilities. Typical matte white screens under such bright lighting conditions suffer from the washout effects of room lighting and this results in a milky, lackluster image. The DarkStarUST material absorbs overhead lighting as well as side lighting to offer clear, contrast rich imagery.
It comes in our Saker electric “roll-up” configuration that is tab-tensioned for added flatness. Standard accessories include Infrared and Radio Frequency remotes, a detachable keypad switch, and a wireless projector trigger.
It also includes a pair of floating brackets for a flush wall/ceiling installation and a pair of eye-bolt screws that attach to the top of the case for a suspended installation.
- DarkStarUST Ceiling Light Rejecting® material absorbs up to 95% of overhead lighting
- 100x contrast enhancement over standard matte white screens
- Multi-layer optical structure filters out ambient light for superior picture quality
- Ultra-wide viewing angle allows viewers to spread out while maintaining uniform picture quality
- Available in diagonal sizes 100” and 120″ in 16:9 aspect ratio
- Internal Radio Frequency and Infrared receivers with IR/RF remotes
- Detachable 3-way wall switch keypad, IR “eye” sensor, and wired projector trigger
- Wireless 5-12 volt trigger enables Drop/Rise operation to synchronize with the projector’s power cycle
Design and Installation
- Durable aluminum black casing with parallel grooves
- Tab-tension design helps maintain a flat projection surface
- Ships fully assembled with standard 3-prong power connection ready to plug and play
- Flush wall/ceiling floating brackets included permit wood stud installation and slide horizontally for proper centering
- Includes a eye-bolts for a suspended installation
Quality and Reliability
- Tubular motor allows swift operation with a superior weight tolerance and operational lifespan
- Standard 5-year premium warranty